Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Thinking Halloween



I'm not much for scary. Never have been. I think my imagination is too big and out of control for my rational mind to reign in. My imagination is like a Pamplona bull.

I never go to scary movies. I went to The Silence of the Lambs and had to leave the movie theatre. Then I checked my closets and ceilings (because of the elevator scene) and under my bed for years. Years, I tell you.

I even make my husband change the channel for previews of scary movies.

I do love watching my kids dress up for Halloween, however, especially in the last few years when the store-bought Bionicle costume has made way for the thunderstorm or bush or present costumes. I'll be writing more about that on Cluck and Tweet later this week. I guarantee you won't want to miss that. There will be mystery and intrigue and bows.

Anyhoo, I have no big plans for Halloween. I've been thinking about it since late August when Jimmie mentioned that I should make some monsters for my Etsy shop. This was a self-serving request because the monsters that don't make the cut go to him and his sister.

But he had a great idea which I ran with and now I have these guys hanging around my shop.


They are so not scary.

Just how I like it.

5 comments:

  1. hi Alison... great blog..
    we love your cute monsters..
    have a wonderful weekend..
    mona & the girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your monsters look sweet, not scary at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like scary either. Your little monsters are too cute to be scary :)

    ReplyDelete